Friday, September 30, 2011

Personal Image Trace

This is the original Harvey- Davidson sign that I decided I would trace, because I like it's design, colors, and company.

This is my final product of the sign traced. The easiest part was making the boxes in the middle, with the rectangle tool. When I started adding text, was when it got difficult. The actual text in the original sign could not be found, so I found the closest one possible, and still edited the anchors of each letter to match more closely to the original. The word "motor" started out using real letters, and manipulating the anchors to create the stretch, but could not be done on the "O"'s, which I used the pen tool to create. Every letter in "Cycles" was created through the pen tool, because that of course would make it look closest to exact, over trying to use stretched out letters. The curved shapes on top and bottom, each line was done with the pen tool, filled in, and played around with which ones go in front and behind to make it look right. As a final touch, I used a glyph for the "R" symbol in the bottom-right corner. Once again, this was a fun tutorial for me, and I feel like I've learned Image Tracing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment